Sunset Chasing


Recently, I have moved to a beautiful village called Gweek located in the Helston area. Over the past year the myself and the family have been drawn to this end of Cornwall as it is so beautiful and not many people (who we know) go to this area of where we live. Now that we live this way we go on adventures at any spare time that we all have together as a family. 
Kynance is a beautiful place that I went to a few times when I was younger but now we are only ten to fifteen minutes away from it we are there all the time! 



Kynance has beautiful white sand along with turqoise, crystal clear waters surrounded by the most fascinating tall rocks and cliffs. Located just off the west end of Cornwall's famous Liard point, Kynance is one of the most photographed locations in Cornwall due to its saturated blues of the ocean and saturated greens of the cliffs. 
It is a ten- fifteen minute walk down to the beach which is definately worth it as the beach is magical. It is perfect for familoy beach days out, a romantic walk or just to capture a moment. Located just above the beach is a small cafe, where I have enjoyed a Cornish cream tea sat looking over at the beautiful waters. 



At the moment it is tourist season, which means during the day Kynance is very busy! This is why us as a family, we avoid a visit during the day time hours. On a beautiful summers day we wait until all the holiday makers have gone home and this is when we go. At around eight pm, we will bang on some loud 80's music and make our way over just in time to see golden hour and the sun set. At the moment this is one of my favourite things to do because especially with my parents its a beautiful thing to watch and to enjoy it with my family with a hug is the best thing. 







I also love Kynance, because on a rainy and foggy day, it looks like the scene from the 80's Goonies film where the group of friends discover the Fratelli's restaurant/cafe. So when I am at Kynance I always end up singing the Cyndi Lauper song called "The Goonies 'R' Good Enough". 

Anyway, Kynance is such a beautiful feature of Cornwall and seeing it in the evening in my favourite hour of the day, is something special and magical to me that I would highly recommend to anyone who is a sunset chaser or sunset lover. 
You could say that Kynance is definately up there with one of my favourite places to be in Cornwall !! 


Until next time,


Comments

Popular Posts