Body Confidence & Self Love


Body confidence and self love is such a big part of my life that I have always struggled with and I still do everyday. Being curvy is actually a normal thing, look at Marlyn Monroe! She was such an icon and still is now and everyone knows her for her gorgeous curves. When you naturally have an hourglass figure and your not like everyone else, its very hard to feel good within yourself because your constantly told "oh your too fat", and I've even been told in McDonald's once that I shouldn't eat that burger because I need to loose weight... excuse me bitch! So in this blog post today, I am writing about my tips on how I make myself feel confident.




I've learnt that when I am feeling self conscious, I like to dress myself in a way that I know I will feel good. I'll curl my hair and put some makeup on and something that's vneck to show off my girls because they are hard to hide so why not flaunt them and show them off sometimes? 
Knowing what you look good in and what colour suits you the best is such a good thing to know because on days where your feeling dull and down, wearing something that you know makes you feel a million dollars instantly makes you appear confident and you'll notice that you feel confident. 
For me I like to wear something that is vneck and goes in at the waist because then it shows off curvy figure. It doesn't necessarily have to be bodycon and figure hugging because I get bloated a lot, so most of the time for me I like to wear a comfy dress that still shows off the main parts of my body that I love and want to show off. For example this dress from NA-KD that I did a post on in the summer, go and have a read of why I love that dress so much! (CLICK HERE to read that post)





Taking care of yourself by wearing makeup whenever you leave the house or keeping up with your nails by giving them a cut and a paint whatever it is for you that makes you feel better, do it all the time and you will feel refreshed and good within yourself. Only a weekly basis I pick a day that I know I'm going to be washing my hair and I like to use one of those days to put two face masks on, pluck my eye brows and paint my nails and sometimes I'll fake tan. By doing things simple things like this makes you feel good about your self and therefore it'll boost your self confidence because you know you look good! 

Another tip of mine is to wear a smile constantly. There is nothing more attractive than a happy and smiley person. When your walking around somewhere you will always lock eye contact with a stranger and in this situation I like to give them a little smile because you will always get one back and that instantly makes you feel happy and joyful. Also it comes off to people that your a positive person and it makes you appear beautiful in and out.






My final tip is to make sure that you tell yourself everyday that your a beautiful person and your grateful for the body that you have. Doing this in the mirror will make you feel like " I am bloody gorgeous" and you'll feel in love with yourself and it makes you confident. If you were to look at yourself and say "urgh I am so fat and ugly" it will make you feel fat and ugly, its all to do with the power of your mind and words.






I hope that this blog post will help many of you that ask me how to deal with lack of body confidence and self love etc. Your not the only one that's struggling with it and its a big part of everyones lives and its time to love yourself 💖


Until next time,

Comments

Popular Posts