A Week of Travel

All of last week I was travelling back and forth from Cornwall. On the 26th of August at 4am the family and I started our journey to London for a weekend break. My brother Harry hasn't been to London since he was about four years old so it was all new for him and the whole time he was saying "oh my god look at this" and "oh my god look at that!" 


We arrived in London at around 09:30am and we made our way slowly over to Oxford Street. My Mum took me into Selfridges as it was my first time and it was so pretty! We then went around Oxford street shopping and spent a long long time in Nike Town because of Harry!
In Oford Street they have a huge Disney Store and I was super exited. The Beauty and the Beast range was there so I was dying because Belle is my favourite princess!! And then you go around the corner and Cinderella's carriage is there..... I was gone! 



 



After loads of shopping we went to Liberty's, Carnaby Street and then made our way through to Covent Garden, which lent to more shopping. By then we were exhausted because we walk all the way from Oxford Street to Covent Garden. So we went to Trafalgar Square for a cool drink and a rest. 




After a break we decided to go to our hotel and drop off our stuff, freshen up and go out for the evening. We were staying in a hotel on Waterloo Road near Southbank so we were super close to the London eye. We went out to eplore Southbank and we went out for Wagamama's for dinner which one of my favourite places to go. Whilst we were eating, up above us in the Southbank Centre a huge party was going on with a DJ set so me and Harry were dancing which was fun. It created a lovely atmosphere because people had drinks and were watching and we were taking photos and eploring and we had a wonderful evening.






The following day, we got up slowly and went to Southbank for breakfast and the made our way over to the Warner Bros Studio Tour (Harry Potter World!!). I was super exited for my parents to see Harry Potter world because previously went in 2015 with my school friends and wanted to come again with my family. We I previously went, the tour didn't have the Enchanted Forest so I was exited to see that. 
Harry Potter world is literally mind blowing! You get to see the Great Hall which is  super cool, you get to see all the props including wigs and makeup that have been left in their eact places since filming the film. You can go on broomsticks with a green screen behind you and then you pretend to fly! And then there is the Enchanted Forest... right I have a huge phobia of snakes and there was a huge snake on a table so I was already at the point of crying with fear and then we go in the forest where there are HUGE spiders in the dark with thunder and lighting and it was so scary...


But then you come out and your at the Hogwarts Express and then you go in to see the model of Hogwarts Castle. This part is by far my favourite part of the tour because they play emotional music and theres the most beautiful model of a castle that you'll ever see. You look at it in so much detail and you really appreciate what they have done for the film. The model was built to film all the eternal shots of the film. For example when you see a scenery shot of the castle that is filmed in the studio with a green screen with the castle model in front of it and its not actually even real or even there! Mind blowing right? 
Before seeing the castle and everything you get to see the bridge, Privet Drive and Diagon Alley; which is actually all made out of plastic. So you could imagine my mind, seeing all this build up before the castle and then suddenly your mind blown at the very end!
We spent some time in the Harry Potter shop so I bought the chocolate frog and a limited edition Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book. And then sadly we had to come home. 






But the week of travelling doesn't end... We were at home for three days and then we were off to the families home town- Newark for a family wedding. We arrived on the Thursday night and spent the Friday looking around with the family showing me where I grew up which was weird to see. We then went to the brides house to help get ready for her wedding the following day and then we went out for the evening. We started off in a pub called The Ram and then we moved along to The Rupert (a lot of drinking) and then we went out for dinner to a Indian/Nepalese restaurant called The Everest. We all have Indian food and it was the best Indian I've had so far and we were so fall. The people who worked there are super lovely and made our meal a pleasurable experience. (highly recommend there!!) 


The following day was the wedding day. It was the most beautiful wedding and we had such a great time. As a hobby I film videos and I am also studying film in college so I recorded the wedding video for the bride and groom which I really enjoyed doing. 


Its back to normality now with being back at college this week and getting into the habit of waking up early and having a good nights sleep because my sleeping pattern is screwed. That week was a brilliant way to end off a lovely summer holiday. 

Until Next Time, 

























































Comments

Popular Posts