Halloween Spirit

Finally it is the season of Autumn which is one of my favourite times of the year apart from the summer. The Autumnal season for me is like a fresh start where everyone goes back to school, college or uni and they're all one year older which means its a new you. Not only does everyone have fresh start back to education after a few months of freedom and fun, but everything around you changes. The leaves turn orange and they slowly fall of the branches of the trees, the mornings get colder and you wake up to sunrise every morning and its that time of the year you get to drink tea all day and eat cinnamon buns just because you can!

Although Autumn is the my favourite season, its also a great part of the year to make your year end of in a great way. For me I have a chance to change and improve myself, I then have time to celebrate Halloween which is when for my friendship all the parties start occurring and then its my birthday to round it all off! And this year its my 18th Birthday!!


Getting to the Halloween side of the season, I always get super excited around this time of October where I start planning on what I want to be for Halloween and I look forward to seeing all the costumes, decorations and sweets followed by the pumpkins that are put out in all of the shops.
This year to start of my Halloween spirit I did a ghostly photoshoot with two of my friends on my media course in college. For this Autumn we are creating a horror film as part of our module and I am going to take on the role as a ghostly witch. Us three did some test shoots one afternoon accidentally as we started experimenting with a plain white sheet against a black wall in the studio.


By turning the camera settings to black and white and using additional lighting in our college studio we managed to capture so creepy looking imagery that got me really into the Halloween spirit. Using the black and white "filter" created a black silhouette of me in the right places and then we could alternate the lighting to make my face appear lighter to give it a more scary looking feel.


Then my two friends who were photographing me and directing me ask me to do sudden movements when they take a photograph to show movement when they changed the shutter to low. This created a strong ghostly vibe to our photographs and made me actually look like I am a ghost. As shown below the two first images were testers at first but after some editing they have turned out really cool. The last image is my favourite out of them all because if you look closely you can see two of my faces!
As you can probably tell we had so much fun doing these images. 




Many thanks to Daniel Bunt and Taylor Willcocks for capturing my Halloween images for this October! ðŸŽƒ 

Until Next Time, 

Comments

Popular Posts